Completing a paid pre-order will give you the exclusive right to purchase one Mobius Two production vehicle from the company's initial production run. Mobius Motors intends the initial production run to comprise 50 vehicles with a completion date of June 30th 2013 and guarantees the unit sale price on these vehicles at 600,000 KES (excluding VAT). The following terms apply to this pre-order agreement:
- The customer will pay the remaining balance for the vehicle on/prior to finished vehicle delivery.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the customer terminates the agreement without purchasing the vehicle.
- Should the vehicle not be ready for delivery by June 30 2013 (except for in case of term 4) the customer may either a) maintain the right to purchase one Mobius production vehicle or b) receive a full refund on their deposit.
- Refunds will not be available should delivery of vehicle be delayed past the above date due to Acts of God (including fire, flood, or other natural disaster), civil unrest, acts of foreign enemies, terrorist activities, or port blockage in Kenya or supplier regions. In such an event Mobius will resume operations at the conclusion of the incident and a new delivery date will be set.
- Mobius Motors will hold the customer deposits in a dedicated account, ring-fenced from other financial obligations of the company.
- The Mobius production vehicle will incorporate the following design improvements from the Mobius Two prototype:
- Overall width reduction: from 1850mm to 1760mm (excluding mirrors).
- Overall length reduction: from 3935mm to 3735mm (including bumpers).
- Chassis simplification: fewer frame members and stronger tubing material for significant reduction of overall weight, and therefore fuel efficiency.
- Rear suspension: Robust solid axle rear suspension with durable leaf springs.
- Fuel tank relocation: Positioned under passenger seat, with non-intrusive filler neck position.
- Exhaust rerouting: Shortened to reduce cost/weight and avoid interference with rear axle; new muffler position to increase ground clearance.
- Rear floor height: Raised to accommodate rear axle and create flat-bottomed storage area.
- Bench seats: Extended to seat three on each side on the vehicle.
- Rear door: Lightweight, unobtrusive door fixture introduced for retaining cargo and managing dust/water infiltration.
- Solid roof: Built with integrated roof rack and rain gutter for maximum utility and weatherproofing.
- Panelling: Selected material to improve fit and finish; revise interface with chassis to reduce noise vibration.